Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/madhuriesingh.com/public_html/superindiankid/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
I must tell for the first time while watching Satyamev Jayate on Star Plus channel, I felt good.
Good because it was about Organic farming and I couldn’t agree more with the usage of organic vegetables, fruits and grains.
Happy because just two weeks back I signed up an Organic farming group who supply vegetable baskets at home every week. And while watching this program, my son said; “ Mom, you are always right! Yesterday you were explaining to why we should eat organic vegetables and today even Aamir Khan is saying it!”
Since I had been hunting for the organic vegetables it was a pleasant surprise to see a mail about the same and was more than happy to immediately sign up with them.
My experience with organic vegetables:
· The vegetables are more watery and cook very fast as compared to inorganic ones.
· The taste of vegetables are sweeter (carrot, tomatoes).
· The green veggies like parwal, beans, bhindi are softer though taste wise I was not able to differentiate much.
· Methi leaves went bad the next day because of they were in plastic bags which captured too much humidity even when I had dried the methi bunch under fan. I guess next time they will be careful in packing.
. I have not tried the grains yet but have ordered for the organic red rice, wheat and jowar atta.
Benefits of buying Organic Vegetables, fruits and grains:
- I am definitely saving time and hassle.
- Also saving on unnecessary shopping which happens when in a mall.
- The produce is seasonal only. So eating fresh is for sure.
- Also there is no chance of eating preservatives when transported from other countries.
- I definitely have saved money too as they are cheaper than regular organic produce as the farmers directly sell to the families who pay in advance.
- Most important is that my kiddos will now get to eat poison free veggies.
- Ingesting chemicals through inorganic veggies is reduced so many diseases like cancer, arthritis, low-immunity, brain and memory related diseases; digestive diseases will be at bay.
- My kids will thank me for choosing quality Organic as compared to quantity Money saved.
When I was a child, we had huge backyard and a company gardener. My mom utilised the area to grow all kinds of vegetables, sugarcane, maize and even wheat, toor daal and spices.
This summer I took my kids to Gurgaon at my sister’s place and found an empty plot next to her home where the old couple were growing vegetables. My kids went crazy seeing the vegetables on the plants! They saw brinjal, ladies finger, chillies, tomatoes and lauki for the first time on the plants.
The old couple spent time explaining to them about each plant and I could see the importance of a farm visit.
So when this Organic farm guys called me, my first question was if they arranged for farm visits. And was pleasanlty surprised that they really encourage families to visit the farms.
So right now I am munching on sweet and orange organic carrots while you can wait for the next review when we come back from the farm visit.
Powered by Facebook Comments