Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/madhurie/public_html/superindiankid/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
The right age to learn Vedic Maths
- Vedic Maths is a tool that helps your brain. So for adults any age is good. 🙂
- Vedic maths is nothing but learning short cuts to solving mathematical problems.
- Shorts cuts must be learnt after understanding the long methods and concepts really well
- It must never be taught before teaching the kids the long methods or else it will defeat the purpose. And the purpose is speed and accuracy.
- Ideally Vedic Maths too should be taught after class 4 or in class 5. By then the kids are done with most concept building and are ready to learn the short cuts.
- Also parents must realize when is the need of speed and accuracy? If the exams are not judging speed and accuracy then its best to focus on them at the right time.
- The right time is actually when kids start giving lengthy exams in the higher classes where no more you are judged on addition, subtraction, multiplication, division etc.
- In higher classes kids are judged on the ability to understand the problem and then solve the problems in steps.
- Hence the right age is at the end of class 4. Summer vacations are excellent times to learn such new tools.
Powered by Facebook Comments