Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/madhurie/public_html/superindiankid/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
NAGPUR: Syllabus of state’s common medical entrance test, MH-CET, slated for May 8 is proving to be a problem for students as it is not based exclusively on the state board textbooks. The syllabus for MH-CET is the same as that of its predecessor National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
Sameer Phale, a biology lecturer with Ambedkar College, Deekshabhoomi, said, “If this is a state conducted exam then it should have been based entirely on state board books. For the last almost eight months students were under that impression and were studying accordingly. But the recently released information bulletin specifies that the syllabus is exactly that of NEET, which is based on the National Council Educational Research and Training (NCERT) pattern.”
The NCERT pattern is followed in CBSE affiliated schools and the state too has upgraded its books’ content accordingly. However, Phale said that still there are differences between the two. “The topics maybe the same but the content differs. Suppose the topic is about heart and its functions, both state and NCERT syllabus go about it differently. In certain topics NCERT goes into great detail while for some topics the state board goes into greater detail,” said Phale.
In July last year the Supreme Court struck down NEET after questioning the authority of Medical Council of India (MCI) to conduct the test. While the state is conducting MH-CET, the CBSE is going ahead with its All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT). The AIPMT will be held on May 4 while MH-CET is scheduled for May 8.
Though the AIPMT is back, students must not confuse it with the previous version. In fact, the AIPMT-2014 is basically a replica of NEET and won’t pose problems to the students undergoing coaching for the medical common entrance tests (CET). For AIPMT there will be just a single paper, as opposed to two papers in the older AIPMT, with 180 objective type questions from the subjects physics, chemistry, botany and zoology (45 questions from each subject). In Maharashtra, AIPMT results will be applicable only for 15% national quota seats and the remaining 85% shall be filled through MH-CET.
Powered by Facebook Comments