- New Delhi, April 11 Two Branches of Maxfor School issued notice to be taken over by the Delhi Gov
The government has issued show cause notices to Pitampura and Rohini branches of Maxfort School over “financial and management irregularities” asking them to explain why their management should not be taken over by it after they were found guilty of money laundering and violations of various provisions of Delhi School Education Act, 1973 (DSEAR) and the Right to Education Act, 2009 (RTE).
The schools are supposed to reply to the notices by 15 days failing which appropriate action under section 20 of the Delhi School Education Act, 1973, shall be initiated by the Directorate of Education (DoE) without any further notice to the managing committee/ manager.In the matter letters have been written to the Delhi Development Authority (DDA), Registrar or Societies, the Economic Offence Wing of the Delhi police to probe into the allegations against these schools in accordance with their rules and take action as per law as recommended by the District Magistrate (North-West district) in its inquiry report.
“After probing the complaints received from teachers and parents, preparations are being made to take over Maxfort’s Pitampura and Rohini schools. In these two branches, financial irregularities, malpractice in EWS admission, fake records of teachers have surfaced,” Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted.“Showcase notice to take over two branches of Maxfort School has been issued,” he said.In December last year, Sisodia, also the education minister, had directed the District Magistrate (North-West district) to inquire into the allegations levelled by the parents’ association against these schools.“Despite giving adequate opportunities, the schools did not bother to file any reply against the allegations and the school has taken huge amount of capitation fees/donation from the parents at the time of admissions and are not refunding the same even after direction of the High Court,” said the statement.
2. Delhi Gov orders two schools to roll back fee and they comply.
The move came after parents of students studying in Delhi Public School Mathura Road and Rohini branches met Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia earlier in the day complaining about the fee hike.
Sisodia directed DoE to take necessary action against the “errant” schools that have not only hiked fees but also “compelled” students to buy books from private publishers.
“Parents have filed detailed complaints with the Deputy Chief Minister alleging that the school authorities have hiked the fee by 13-20 per cent from 2016-17 academic session without prior permission from the directorate,” Saumya Gupta, Director, Education, said in the order.
“You are directed to refund the entire enhanced fee to parents collected by the school authorities for the new academic session. You should also not enhance any type of school fee without approval from the Directorate,” the order said.
Citing rules, the order said all private unaided recognised schools built on land alloted by DDA/other government agencies on concessional rates or otherwise shall not increase tution fee without prior permission of the Directorate.
April 2016 http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/delhi/govt-preparing-to-take-over-two-branches-of-maxfort-school/221127.html
Powered by Facebook Comments