Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/madhurie/public_html/superindiankid/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
How to make your teen get rid of mobile phone addiction?
I don’t think so it is possible in one magical moment to you can make your teenager give up the phone addiction. We all know that effect of a mobile phone is similar to drugs. I have two teenage boys with similar affinity towards gadgets. I use a different strategy.
1. Teenagers are different species. So do not expect them to behave like any normal human being. Once you accept this fact, you are half way through. No, not with the addiction problem but with the stress level within your own head.
2. Teens need time alone or away from home. Accept it and give that freedom with phone. Either they will be at home with phone or out. I prefer they are home in safer environment.
3. I give them tasks to them that need to be completed. Once they finish the tasks, I hand over their gadgets. Time is not an issue if work is done. And I respect the deal even when they good up.
4. I have made v few rules so that they can happily follow. No phone while eating. No phone in school. No phone when guests come home or we visit friends. Finish studies before picking the phone. Play two hours outdoor.
5. Allow them to meet their friends and spend time at their homes so that they come back and feel obligated.
6. I have read several books on children and parenting. There is no sure shot solution except to accept it for a few years. 4 to 5 yrs period later they come around. Allowing them to spend time alone with phone or friends will make them love and trust parents than strategizing to take away the phone.
7. I discuss everything openly. They may not respond now but it is definitely going into their subconscious mind. In time of need, they will fetch these valuable advice and use them.
So chill and be a friend to your teenager.
Madhurie Singh – School and Product Reviews
If you think you have a great idea that will help mobile phone addiction do share. If you Like it do spread the post.
Powered by Facebook Comments