Warning: Use of undefined constant linklove - assumed 'linklove' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/customer/www/madhuriesingh.com/public_html/superindiankid/wp-content/plugins/facebook-comments-plugin/class-frontend.php on line 99
Recently I visited a Maths program orientation by a popular company called Kumon.
The entire orientation was so time consuming that by the end of 3 hours, my sons were totally bored and irritated.
Nevertheless, I found there were good and not to good points worth mentioning about KUMON in India.
Good Points if your Children attend Kumon
- A regular way of learning Math basics
- Will practice everyday 20 min by compulsion, hence a good habit is formed in a particular time.
- Slowly kids will start to improve the speed with which they solve the Math problems
- More mental use than fingers for adding and subtracting
Not So Good Points of Kumon
- Very expensive @Rs 3000/- month
- Do not teach any concepts or fundamental
- No understanding of why and where to use the Math concepts in real life
So I have started to teach my kids in my way using a bit of technology, repetition and patience. 🙂
In just two days they have memorized tables of addition and subtraction of one digit number!
In case anyone is interested, I will share the google forms that I have designed for basic addition.
This program is currently discontinued.
Powered by Facebook Comments