Top IGCSE Schools in Pune recommended by Madhurie Singh
Features of Cambridge IGCSE
• Cambridge IGCSE is aimed at a wide ability range of students, with a range of grades awarded from A* (highest grade) to G (lowest). There is a core (C to G) and extended (A* to C) curriculum available in some subjects.
• Cambridge IGCSE uses a variety of assessment techniques to test oral and practical skills, initiative and problem-solving and application of skills, knowledge and understanding.
• A coursework option is available in many syllabuses, allowing Centres an element of personal choice and giving teachers the chance to share in the process of assessment.
• Candidates are rewarded for positive achievement (what they know, understand, and can do).
• Cambridge IGCSE prepares for progression to employment, or to further study. It prepares students very well for Cambridge International AS & A Levels.
Features of Cambridge O Level
Cambridge O Level shares some of these features, but the following differences should be noted:
• Cambridge O Level candidates are only awarded grades from A* to E, where A* is the highest achievable grade.
• Cambridge O Level offers fewer coursework options than Cambridge IGCSE.
• Some Cambridge O Level syllabuses were developed to meet specific local needs, such as minority languages.
• The focus of Cambridge O Level languages is on writing and reading skills
• There are more restricted practical test options in Cambridge O Level sciences. (These constraints are advantageous to some teaching Centres where resources are limited, for example no oral examiner is available).
Leave a Reply